Some more missionary Wisdom
1. Don’t squat down in a cane field on the Pan American Highway without looking around you real good.
2. If you’re leading a group of brothers take a look back every now and then to make sure that they are still there.
3. After getting a new church started, a missionary felt so good that he kept bragging about it until the devil came along and tore it all up. The moral; when you’re full of it, keep your mouth shut and give God the glory that belongs to Him.
4. Never kick an empty garbage bag on the side of the street in Lima on a hot day.
5. There’s two theories to arguin’ with Nationals. Neither one works.
6. Never slap a “serrano” who’s chewin’ coca leaves..
7.. It don’t take a very spiritual missionary to spot a goat in a flock of sheep
8. When you give a lesson in meanness to a fellow missionary, don’t be surprised if they learn their lesson.
9. When you’re throwin’ your weight around, be ready to have it thrown around by somebody else.
10.. The quickest way to double your money in Perú is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.
11. There are three kinds of missionaries: Those that learn by reading. Those that learn by observation. And the rest of us, that have to learn the hard way by being “airheads”.
Hermano Jaime Boswell
How true, Jaime; how true!