Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To Whom Do You Pray?

As far back as I can remember, I was taught to pray. I remember (vaguely) being in Diamond Springs, VA, sitting at our kitchen table as a little boy of not even 5 yet, praying that prayer all children were taught to pray before a meal. Remember it? "God is great, God is good, let us thank him for our food." I remember it still after all these years. We prayed in church, we prayed in school. We even prayed that little prayer before we left our classroom for the cafeteria for lunch. Please do not gasp too loudly if you are among those who now find praying in school to be abhorrent; there were a lot less social ills then than there are now.

We have come a long ways since then. That is why I chose to publish this link; you need to see where we are going.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, but by me." No one else is the way; no one else gives life. When you pray, it should be to the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ. Anything else falls short at best, and is idolatry in most cases. We are now resorting to idolatry of the worst kind. God have mercy on America.

No comments: