Thursday, October 30, 2008

When We Pray for the Harvest

If the name were not a trademark, I would call myself an International Harvester. That is the calling upon my life. I am involved in soul-harvesting. It's a life-changing thing, both for me and the ones that respond to God's call.

Jesus told us the fields were white--ready to be harvested (John 4). He also said that there were few laborers to be found. I live in South America, where the harvest is big enough. But I try to think globally, not just about South America. So one thing I do is pray for the harvest. As Jesus told us to do, I pray for laborers.

Now when we pray for the harvest, we need to be ready. Two weeks ago a man approached me with a claim on his life. God answered our prayers for the harvest for a closed country. This man and his wife feel called to go. So, knowing I try to find ways for men and women to fulfill that call, the man asked me how I could help him get to his harvest field.

Not long before the man I just mentioned, I received other calls and e mails from other people who have answered God's call. They have the same question: how do they get from South America to the place where God has told them to go?

We are delighted to actually see God answering our prayers for laborers for the world. I want to encourage you to continue to pray for laborers. God is answering. God is sending his laborers. When we pray, the Lord of the Harvest answers...

2 comments:

J. Guy Muse said...

I like your calling yourself an "International Harvester". Even though it might be someone's trademark, it describes well who we are and what we do. I may just start using this term myself!

Kevin, Somewhere in Southern America said...

Thanks, Guy. God let me be a harvester again last night. He also called more laborers last night, who answered before my very eyes. The fulness of joy is not to be described in writing. As Rush L. often says, I am having more fun than one person ought to be allowed to have.