You have survived another full year, plus a little (to compensate for our odd calendar). You took a breath, followed by another and another; your heart continued to beat, even if it beat irregularly (as does mine from time to time).
What's done is done. But take some time to evaluate what is done. Here are seven questions to ponder:
- Did you meet your goals you may have set for 2016?
- Did you grow in your understanding of life?
- Did you get up when you stumbled? Or are you are still wallowing in the grips of a momentary failure (if you are, get up now!)?
- Did you have a regular time reading the Word of God and praying?
- Did you learn something new about the Lord Jesus?
- Did you share your faith in the Lord Jesus with at least one person?
- Did you make any other difference in someone's life?
If you did not immediately reply that you trust in the Lord Jesus as the one and only way to be born again, then please consider that now. Jesus died for your sins, according to the Scripture. He paid the penalty for your sinfulness. Jesus was buried, according to the Scripture. And God raised Him from the dead, according to the Scripture. By "Scripture," we are speaking of the totality of the Bible, both Old and New Testaments.
The Bible teaches that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved (Romans 10:9). The word "confess" means "to agree." So we are saying you must agree with God and God's Word that Jesus is Lord (God, Master, Owner). You must agree that Jesus paid the penalty for your sin and that God raised him from the dead. Yes, God raised the dead corpse of the Lord Jesus. And Jesus lives now to be Lord of your life.
Make that choice today--whatever day it is that you read this.
Happy Day 366! And Happy 2017!